WIZnet TCP Offload engine – fully hardwired TCP/IP stack
WIZnet TOE (TCP/IP Core Offload Engine) is a wired TCP/IP embedded ethernet controller that provides users with easy and effective Internet connection when combined with embedded system. Users can create various applications based on Ethernet protocols by using the Socket API provided by the TOE’s Hardwired TCP/IP stack.
The advantages of TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) are that it does not require a separate embedded system software stack and memory resources for internet connections. Also, all Ethernet transmission and reception operations are processed by an independent Ethernet controller, so it maintains superior stable Ethernet performance compared to the Software TCP/IP Stack, which is vulnerable to changes in the network environment and DDoS and Flooding attacks.
Therefore, even in low-spec embedded systems, using WIZnet TOE can show more efficient performance for internet application operation than high-spec systems using Software TCP/IP Stack.
Functionally, TOE’s hardwired TCP/IP stack supports TCP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6, ICMP, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE protocols; and depending on the chip it is possible to define 8 (or 4) sockets, allocate memory buffers to each socket to build an independent Ethernet protocol transmission and reception environment.
WIZnet (Wizard of Internet) is a unique Hardwired Internet Connectivity Solution Provider. WIZnet provides IOcP and HW TCP/IP chips, best fitted for low-end Non-OS devices connecting to the Ethernet for the internet of things.
- WIZnet’s core technology is “Hardwired TCP/IP“.
- WIZnet’s Hardwired TCP/IP solutions provide better performance and stability than any other software Internet connectivity solutions.
- WIZnet develops Internet offload co-Processors for the “Internet of Things”. The Internet Offload co-Processor consists of a Hardwired TCP/IP and an Ethernet PHY.
- The Internet Offload co-Processor easily adds Internet capability to any application. It works with any MCU and does not require an operation system.
- WIZnet is developing Hardwired TCP and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack chips.
Hardware TOE shows a superior performance compared to the software TCP/IP stack solutions.
High Speed Serial Peripheral Interface, maximum 8 independent hardware sockets support. More stable than software TCP/IP stack under SYN flood attack.
Open Libraries / Examples
WIZnet provides various network protocol libraries and useful tutorials / application examples.